Engagement shoots are a win-win. Not only are they an excellent way to get used to your photographer, but also to own pictures you can utilise creatively in your wedding day décor, use framed prints as gifts to family or even turn into ‘save the date’ invitations.
You will probably be feeling a tad nervous before your shoot, but rest assured there’s no need to worry. My couples always feel completely at ease whenever they come to one of my sessions and after the first 10 minutes really get into the swing of it. This is no different during the engagement shoots. Fun is paramount, and that’s a promise.
During your shoot, you’ll start to get comfortable in front of the camera. Think of it as a suitable preparation for how we’ll work on your big day. It’s not just about the prep though; you’ll also get some fantastic, brilliant and just plain awesome photos to display on your walls (or even upload to Facebook).
The price for engagement shoots are £195 and will last approximately one hour. After which you’ll get a minimum of 25 high-res (and often a lot more) edited images and also a print within a frame from the shoot.
If your location is outside a 15-mile radius of LE6, I ask for travel expenses to be covered.
Just contact me if you need more information, or if you wish to go right ahead and book your pre-engagement shoot.
Still got questions? Let's see if we can answer them...
- Hair & make-up. Your engagement session is a perfect opportunity to test out hair and make-up for your wedding. It’s not a must, but it can certainly help you feel confident in front of the camera.
- Shopping. Feel good, look good is the key thing here! Spending money like there’s no tomorrow is definitely not a necessity to get awesome engagement photos. However, it is a good excuse to pick up a few new accessories or go all out with a new outfit.
- Be YOU. It’s important to wear something you are comfortable in, and something that makes you feel super- confident (cute, sexy, gorgeous, handsome… insert next superlative here.)
- Colour! Too many neutrals tend to be sort of… dull. Pops of colour make for more fun, vibrancy and personality in your photos. Also, try to avoid too many patterns on a top.
- Dress like you’re going to the same place. If you’re flip-floppy beach buddies, awesome! Both of you should dress the part. If you are a little more ‘fancy-pants’, that’s great too! Go matching.
There’s no need to bring anything but yourselves and some enthusiasm. However, some of our clients have a vision or an idea of a vision. We can have a chat and work out whether or not you want to bring something other than just your fiancé to your engagement session.
Expect some fun, quality time together. Expect some direction but ultimately, just to be yourselves. You can also expect to get gorgeous memories to show friends and family and hang proudly on your walls!
- A place that is special to both of you. How about the scene of your first date / your most memorable date?
- Maybe somewhere you love spending time together.
- Or somewhere unique, fun and colourful. A picturesque field or awesome architecture will usually set the scene. We’ll go anywhere you like to visit that has a place in your heart; from rolling countryside to city rooftops.